Your gift makes a huge difference!
By donating to the Food Bank your generous donation ensures that hungry people in Westchester County will have enough food to eat. Your donations allow us to buy food at discounted costs and help feed people through our various programs. For every $1 we receive, we can provide $4 worth of food to our hungry residents.
You can become a donor of the Food Bank by choosing how you want to give.
General Online Giving
- Support our Kraft Mobile Food Pantry
- Setting up your own Online Special Campaign or Fundraiser
- In honor of or in memory of someone special
- A general donation
- Holiday Turkey Drive
Donate by Mail or Phone
To make a donation by phone, please call us at (914) 923-1100 or you can mail your donation made payable to The Food Bank for Westchester at 200 Clearbrook Road, Elmsford, NY 10523, Attention: Development Office. Click here to download a copy of our donation form
Of course, if you prefer to make a monetary donation in person, please feel free to contact us.
Through Financial Giving
Your legacy can help ensure that no one in Westchester goes hungry. Here are four ways to create a lasting legacy:
- Prepare a will - that includes a charitable bequest to the Food Bank for Westchester -- an outright gift of money or property, a percentage of your estate, or the remainder of your estate after gifts to your family.
- Use your retirement plan - by filling out a simple Change of Beneficiary form naming the Food Bank for Westchester beneficiary of your tax-deferred IRA, 401(K), or 403(B) retirement plan. What remains at the time of your death will benefit hunger relief.
- Use your bank accounts - A Change of Beneficiary form can name the Food Bank for Westchester as beneficiary of your checking and/or savings accounts; your money remains yours during your lifetime. Or leverage your life insurance policy. Name the Food Bank for Westchester as beneficiary of all or part of your policy proceeds.
- Include the Food Bank for Westchester in your year-end tax strategy. A year-end gift of cash or stocks to the Food Bank for Westchester can significantly reduce your income taxes while performing meaningful support for hunger relief.
Engage Legal Counsel
A charitable gift is best made with the counsel of one's legal, tax and/or financial advisor. Contact us at (914) 923-1100 for additional information.
Frequently asked questions
Is my donation secure?
Absolutely. The security and confidentiality of your information is our highest priority. We use industry-standard SSL (secure socket layer) technology to protect your information and provide a safe and secure environment for online donations. We will not sell, trade or share your personal information with anyone else, nor send donor mailings on behalf of other organizations, and we will only share personal information if you have given us specific permission to do so.
Is my donation tax-deductible?
Yes. The Food Bank for Westchester is a 501(c)3 tax-exempt organization and your donation is tax-deductible within the guidelines of U.S. law. To claim a donation as a deduction on your U.S. taxes, please keep your email donation receipt as your official record. We'll send it to you upon successful completion of your donation.
Do I get a receipt?
A donation receipt will be sent to you at the email address you provide on this form. Please be sure to keep a copy of your receipt for tax purposes. If you select a recurring donation, you will be sent an individual receipt each month when your donation is processed